banner
Introduction to Our School

St Helen's is a Catholic Voluntary Aided Primary School situated in the London Borough of Newham.  The first school in the Parish (St Margaret's) was founded in 1870 behind the current Parish church on the Barking Road.  In 1908 an additional school was built on the land adjacent to the current convent building.  Both St Helen's and St Margaret's schools were destroyed in World War II.  St Helen's was rebuilt in a bungalow style building and reopened in 1951 with support from the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary.

By 2002, the 1950's building was no longer suitable to educate children for the 21st century and the Governors embarked on a mission to rebuild St Helen's.  In 2009 the third St Helen's school, on this site, was open to the children.

The facilities include an integrated nursery; Key Stage 1 classes with "en-suite" toilet facilities; a large ICT suite, a large library, cookery room, sensory and soft play rooms, a small hall and a large hall with a stage.